Many of the tasks related to configuring the hardware and software for a network, viewing network resources, setting up shared resources on your own computer, and diagnosing network problems can be managed from Network And Sharing Center, which is shown in Figure 17-1 .
Figure 17-1 Clicking one of the icons at the top of Network And Sharing Center opens your Computer folder, Network folder, or default web browser's home page .
You can open Network And Sharing Center in any of the following ways:
• In the notification area, click the Network icon and then click Open Network And Sharing Center.
• In the Start menu search box, begin typing network until Network And Sharing Center appears; click it.
. . v« Network and In... ► Network and Sharing Center t | | | Search Controt Panet
Control Panel Home
Change adapter settings
Change advanced sharing settings
View your basic network information and set up connections
CARL-PC (This computer)
View your active networks
Connect or disconnect
Access type: Internet H om eG rou p: Rea dy to create Connections: 10) Local Area Connection
See also HomeGroup Internet Options Windows Firewall
Change your networking settings
"S^k' Set up a new connection or network
Set up a wireless, broadband, dial-up, ad hoc, or VPN connection; or set up a router or access point,
^gl Connect to a network
Connect or reconnect to a wireless, wired, dial-up, or VPN network connection.
^^ Choose homegroup and sharing options
Access files and printers located on other network computers, or change sharing settings.
j^jjj Troubleshoot problems
Diagnose and repair network problems, or get troubleshooting information.
• If your Start menu includes a Network command on the right side, right-click it and then click Properties.
• In Control Panel, click Network And Internet, and then click Network And Sharing Center.
• In Windows Explorer, with the Network folder displayed, click the Network And Sharing Center button on the toolbar.
Was this article helpful?