Creating your own MMC console or modifying an existing one involves the following steps (not necessarily in this order):
• Run MMC with no snap-in, or open an existing MMC console in Author mode.
• Display the console tree if it's not already visible.
• Add or remove snap-ins, folders, and, if appropriate, extensions (modules that extend the functionality of snap-ins)
• Add taskpad views (customized pages that appear within the details pane of a snap-in), if appropriate
• Manipulate windows and other display elements to taste .
• Add items to the Favorites menu if appropriate .
• Name the console and choose an icon for it.
• Choose Author mode or one of the three User modes, and further restrict user options if appropriate
Was this article helpful?