Creating your own MMC console or modifying an existing one involves the following steps (not necessarily in this order):
• Run MMC with no snap-in, or open an existing MMC console in Author mode.
• Display the console tree if it's not already visible.
• Add or remove snap-ins, folders, and, if appropriate, extensions (modules that extend the functionality of snap-ins)
• Add taskpad views (customized pages that appear within the details pane of a snap-in), if appropriate
• Manipulate windows and other display elements to taste .
• Add items to the Favorites menu if appropriate .
• Name the console and choose an icon for it.
• Choose Author mode or one of the three User modes, and further restrict user options if appropriate
Was this article helpful?
Read how to maintain and repair any desktop and laptop computer. This Ebook has articles with photos and videos that show detailed step by step pc repair and maintenance procedures. There are many links to online videos that explain how you can build, maintain, speed up, clean, and repair your computer yourself. Put the money that you were going to pay the PC Tech in your own pocket.