The Startup and Recovery dialog box enables you to select the default operating system to start if you have multiple operating systems installed on your computer. You can also specify timeout values for operating system selection lists and recovery options.
You can access the Startup and Recovery dialog box by following these steps:
1. Click Starts-Control Panel. In the Control Panel, click System and Security and then click System.
2. In the System utility, click "Advanced system settings" in the left pane.
3. On the Advanced tab of the System properties dialog box, click Settings under Startup and Recovery. This displays the Startup and Recovery dialog box, as shown in Figure 23-1.
4. Use the "Default operating system" drop-down list to specify the default operating system.
5. Set the timeout interval for the operating system list by selecting the "Time to display list of operating systems" checkbox and specifying a timeout in seconds in the field provided.
6. Set the timeout interval for the recovery options list by selecting the "Time to display recovery options when needed" checkbox and specifying a timeout in seconds in the field provided.
Was this article helpful?