You can subscribe to your Yahoo! and Google calendars, too. For Google, the steps you use should be similar to the following:
1. In Internet Explorer, browse to the Google calendar to which you want to subscribe, and log on.
2. On the left-hand side of the page, under My Calendars, click Settings.
3. Under Sharing, click on "Share this calendar." Similar to Windows Live Calendar, you have the option to make the calendar public or share the calendar with specific people. If you make the calendar public, everyone in the world will be able to see it and you'll need to copy and paste the calendar URL into an email. If you share the calendar with specific people, you can set a permission level to control how much these people can see and do.
4. After you select the sharing options for this calendar, click Save. If you are sharing your calendar with specific people, you have the option of sending an email invitation to each person. You probably don't want to do this as the invitation requires registering for a Google account and then accessing the calendar via Google.
5. On the left-hand side of the page, under My Calendars, click the options button and then click Calendar Settings. This displays the Calendar Details page.
6. Scroll down. You'll see a Calendar Address and a Private Address section.
• With a public calendar, you'll have several different calendar formats for the calendar address. You should be interested in only iCal for now. Right-click on iCal under "Calendar Address," and then click "Copy shortcut." This is the shortcut you use to synchronize your Google Calendar with Windows Live Calendar (or another iCalendar-enabled calendar).
• With a private calendar (one shared with friends), you'll have several different calendar formats for the private address. You should be interested in only iCal for now. Right-click on iCal under "Private Address," and then click "Copy shortcut." This is the shortcut you use to synchronize your Google Calendar with Windows Live Calendar (or another iCalendar-enabled calendar).
7. After accessing your calendars online in the Windows Live service, click the Subscribe option.
8. You can now subscribe to the public calendar or the private calendar shared to you. To do this, select the "Subscribe to a public calendar" option and then type the URL path to the calendar to which you want to subscribe.
> As calendar URL and file paths can be quite long and complex, you'll usually want to copy and paste the path. This will help ensure ' fj*,' you enter the correct path.
9. Type the display name you want to use for the calendar to which you are subscribing. This doesn't have to be the same as the name used when publishing the calendar.
10. Click "Subscribe to calendar" to complete the procedure. If you entered the calendar URL incorrectly, you'll see an error and will need to retype the URL. To reduce the possibility of making a mistake, copy and paste the URL path.
Because web interfaces tend to change more frequently than program interfaces, I won't repeat the example for Yahoo!. However, you'll use a similar procedure to share your Yahoo! calendar so that you can subscribe to it in Windows Live Calendar.
Was this article helpful?