You can store your password in a secure, encrypted file on a floppy disk or USB flash drive, and then use this file to recover your password if you forget it.
To store your password for recovery, complete these steps:
1. Press Ctrl-Alt-Delete and then click the Change a Password option.
2. Click "Create a password reset disk" to start the Forgotten Password Wizard.
3. In the Forgotten Password Wizard, read the introductory message and then click Next.
4. You can use a floppy disk, USB flash drive, or a flash memory card as your password key disk. To use a floppy disk, insert a blank, formatted disk into the A: drive and
then select Floppy Disk Drive (A:) in the drive list. To use a USB flash drive, select the device you want to use on the drive list. Click Next.
If you insert a USB flash device after clicking Next, it won't be displayed on the list automatically. Click Back and then click Next to update the list to include the device you just inserted.
5. Type your current password in the text box provided and then click Next.
6. After the wizard creates the password reset key, click Next and then click Finish.
7. Remove the disk, USB flash drive, or flash memory card and store it in a safe location. Anyone who has this disk or drive can use it to access your account.
Was this article helpful?