Game rating systems, such as those used by the Entertainment Software Ratings Board (ESRB), are meant to help protect young people from specific types of mature content in computer games and on the Internet. You can learn more about the available rating systems and select a default rating system to use by completing these steps:
1. Click Starts-Control Panels-User Accounts and Family SafetysParental Controls.
2. In the left panel of the main Parental Controls page, click "Game Rating Systems."
3. On the "Game Rating Systems" page, shown in Figure 18-20, you can review the game rating systems available. The default rating system used depends on the country or region settings for your computer.
4. If you want to change the default rating system, click the rating system you want to use. Beneath each option, you'll find a link to the home page for the game rating organization. If you have questions about a rating system, click this link to open the home page in Internet Explorer. You can then read about the organization and the related rating system.
5. Click OK to apply your changes and go back to the Parental Controls page in the Control Panel.
Was this article helpful?