You can open saved projects using the Search box on the Start menu. Click Start and then type movie into the Search box to see a list of all movies and related movie project files. Double-click the .wlmp project file you want to open. Windows 7 will then start Windows Live Movie Maker and open the selected project file for editing.
Alternatively, in Windows Live Movie Maker, you can open saved projects by completing the following steps:
1. Click the Movie Maker button and then click Open Project. This displays the Open Project dialog box.
2. In the Open Project dialog box, the last folder location you used for saving project files is opened by default. If this isn't the folder you want to use, browse to the folder containing the saved project file.
3. Click the project file and click Open. Windows Live Movie Maker will then read the project file and open it.
4. When Windows Live Movie Maker finishes opening, review the movie.
5. After you make any necessary changes, click Save Movie on the Movie Maker menu and then click an output option to produce your movie.
Windows Live Movie Maker tracks the location of resources you use in your projects. If you move resources to a new location, you'll see grayed-out frames in your project. You'll need to double-click each grayed-out frame in turn to locate each missing resource. Each time when you are prompted, select Find and then use the "Browse for . . ." dialog box to locate the resource.
Was this article helpful?