< Back "][Next > """] [ Cancel
Figure 12-17. Entering the IP address name in the previous page. If you entered the incorrect information, click the Back button and then retype this information.
6. Before you click Finish, note the protocol and adapter type details. This information must be correct for your computer to work with the printer. Click Finish and then click Close.
7. If the protocol and adapter type were incorrect, click the port in the Properties dialog box and then click Configure Port. Use the options in the Configure Standard TCP/IP Port Monitor dialog box to specify the correct information and then click OK twice. (See Figure 12-18 for an example.)
To resolve a problem with a network-attached scanner, follow these steps:
1. In Windows Explorer, access C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Viewer, where C: is your system drive, and then double-click ImagingDevices.exe.
2. In the Scanners and Cameras window, click the scanner and then click Properties.
3. On the Device Settings tab, the current hostname or IP address is listed. If this information isn't correct, enter the correct hostname or IP address of the scanner, and then click OK.
You can manage drivers for printers, scanners, and fax machines just like you can any other drivers. To change the drivers for a printer or fax machine, follow these steps:
1. Click StartsDevices and Printers. In Devices and Printers, right-click the printer you want to configure and then select Printer Properties (not Properties).
Was this article helpful?