Figure 12-15. Selecting the printer to use
2. Expand My Computer, expand the Control Panel, and then select Printers and Faxes.
3. In the Folders pane, expand My Network Places and then navigate My Network Places to the computer sharing the printer.
4. When you select the Printers and Faxes node on this computer, you'll see the shared printers and fax machines (see Figure 12-15).
5. Click the printer or fax machine and drag it to My Computers-Control Panels-Printers and Faxes.
Anyone running Windows Vista or later can connect to and use the printer by following these steps:
1. Click Starts-Devices and Printers.
2. Open a second window by clicking Start and then clicking Network.
3. In the Network window, double-click the computer sharing the printer.
4. In the Network window, click the printer or fax machine and drag it to the Devices and Printers window.
Was this article helpful?