Every account has a user profile and personal folders associated with it. The user profile stores the desktop configuration and preferences as well as other settings and data. When an account is no longer needed and you are sure the user has no settings or personal data that is needed, you can delete the account.
To a delete a person's account, follow these steps:
1. Click Starts-Control Panels-User Accounts and Family SafetysAdd or Remove Users Accounts.
2. On the "Choose the account you would like to change" page, you'll see a list of existing accounts on the computer. Click the account you want to delete.
3. On the "Make changes to... " page, click "Delete the account."
4. On the "Do you want to keep...files?" page, shown in Figure 18-13, you have two options. You can:
• Click Keep Files to create a folder on your desktop containing a copy of the user's personal data, and then delete the account.
• Click Delete Files to delete all personal settings and personal data for this account, and then delete the account.
Regardless of which option you choose, the user's email, preferences, and other settings are deleted with the account.
Was this article helpful?