If you find that you need additional groups beyond the Administrators and Users groups, you can create local groups on your computer. You create local groups by completing the following steps:
1. Click StartsControl PanelsSystem and Securitys Administrative Tools.
2. Double-click Computer Management.
3. In Computer Management, double-click Local Users and Groups under System Tools.
4. Select the Groups node to display a list of the current groups on your computer, as shown in Figure 18-14.
5. Right-click Groups and then select New Group. This opens the New Group dialog box, shown in Figure 18-15.
Figure 18-15. Creating a group and adding members
6. Type a name and description for the group.
8. In the Select Users dialog box, shown in Figure 18-16, type the name of a user you want to add to the group. This must be the username rather than the full name of the account.
Was this article helpful?