You can configure your user account as a standard user account or as an administrator user account. If you are logged on with a standard user account, you can change the account type to Administrator. If you are logged on with an administrator account, you can change the account type to Standard User.
* . I Your computer must have at least one administrator account. If your I account is the only administrator account, you won't be able to change ' y,' the account type to Standard User.
You can change the account type by following these steps:
1. Click Starts-Control Panels-User Accounts and Family SafetysUser Accounts.
2. Select "Change your account type."
3. On the "Select your new account type" page, shown in Figure 18-3, set the account type as either Standard user or Administrator.
4. Click Change Account Type.
Was this article helpful?