Each item in your video can have a text overlay. The text overlay is display for as long as the item is displayed. You can use text overlays to add titles, credits and other text to your video.
You can add a title frame to the beginning of your video by completing these steps:
1. In Windows Live Movie Maker, click Home on the toolbar and then click Title.
2. Enter your title text. The default font is 36-point Arial Black.
3. If you want to change the font used for the title, click the Font list and select the font you want to use. You can change the font size, or add bold or italic. To change the font color, click the Font Color button (it shows the letter A) and then choose a color in the Color dialog box.
4. By default, the text is opaque. To set the transparency level, click the Transparency button and then use the slider provided to set the desired transparency level.
5. By default, the background is black. To set a different background color, click the Background Color button and then select a desired color.
You can add a credits frame to the end of your video by completing these steps:
1. In Windows Live Movie Maker, click Home on the toolbar and then click Credits.
2. Enter your credit. The default font is 20-point Arial.
3. Edit the text and the frame background as you would with a title frame.
You can add text overlays to your video by completing these steps:
1. In Windows Live Movie Maker, select the item to which you want to add a text overlay.
2. Click Home on the toolbar and then click Caption.
3. As shown in Figure 10-57, a text box is added to the selected item and the Format pane is displayed. Enter your caption. The default font is 24-point Calibri. Format the text as appropriate using the options provided.
4. Use the Start Time box to specify at what time in the movie the caption should be displayed.
5. Use the Text Duration box to specify the length of time the text should be displayed.
3 Save Project
Was this article helpful?