You must identify any applications that were not located during the automated inventory collection process . These applications might be located on portable computers or high-security systems that cannot be accessed for inventory. In these situations, you must document the application manually
To identify missing applications, perform the following steps:
1. Distribute the application portfolio in your organization; specifically, distribute it to those who have knowledge of the required applications currently in use .
2. Request that the group specified in step 1 review the portfolio for errors .
3. Review the feedback provided from step 2 to analyze the errors in the existing portfolio.
4. Make the appropriate changes to the portfolio based on the review.
5. Publish the revised application portfolio and obtain stakeholder approval of the list and application compatibility status .
Was this article helpful?